Do you know of any Acid Reflux Natural Remedies?
Acid reflux natural remedies are a great way to deal with acid reflux symptoms. Acid reflux is not a nice feeling. Food and acid splash into the esophagus (the muscular tube that takes food after swallowing into the stomach) causing uncomfortable reactions from belching to heartburn and in some severe cases, chest pains. Some individuals have experienced pain so intense they thought they were having a heart attack.
If a person experiences acid reflux on a regular basis, the acids will irritate the esophagus and this can advance to scarring, ulceration, inflammation and hemorrhaging. If acid reflux persists for a very long period of time is may even lead to esophageal cancer.
Here are a few of my favorite home acid reflux natural remedies for acid reflux:
- The first thing a person needs to do is examine their daily intake of food. What is being consumed? Starting off with an overhaul of dietary habits is a good starting point. Foods that contain living enzymes are crucial in not only eliminating acid reflux, but to prevent it from starting.
- Increasing your body’s natural production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach is the first step at preventing acid reflux symptoms. This can be done by getting rid of the cheap table salt that many people use and replace it with high-quality sea salt (or un-processed salt). I personally use and recommend Himalayan Crystal Salt because not only does it contain the chloride a body needs, but it also contains dozens of trace minerals that the body needs.
- Processed foods and sugars are almost a guaranteed way to exacerbate acid reflux and it creates an imbalance in the bacterial balance in the stomach and intestinal tract. Eat a lot of fresh organic fruits and vegetables. Eating lots of fresh salad is also important. Taking a good probiotics supplement will also help balance the bowel with good bacteria.
- Enzymes are found in abundance in raw food. The act of cooking food over 116° Fahrenheit destroys these health promoting enzymes. All cooked foods are devoid of enzymes so only living and raw foods are high in nutrient values and the enzyme levels are crucial to combat acid reflux. There are many good enzyme supplements available.
- Increasing vitamin D levels will optimize production of 200 antimicrobial peptides that aid in eradicating any infection in your body, including in the esophagus. Vitamin D is free and in abundance through appropriate levels of sun exposure. If this is not possible, I would recommend eating foods high in Vitamin D or taking a high-quality vitamin D supplement.
- Exercising is always beneficial in staying healthy. Improving the body’s immune system is like working on a puzzle and all the pieces need to fit right. Exercise is part of that puzzle. Make it a habit to take a walk after work. Increasing the amount of cardio exercise you do, will help improve your overall health.
“Discover How Jeff Martin, a nutritionist and former
heartburn sufferer from California permanently cured
his severe acid reflux by clicking here!”
If you still experience acid reflux symptoms after making the appropriate lifestyle changes, try this quick home remedy for instant relief.
Take one tablespoon of raw organic apple cider vinegar mixed in a small glass (about 4 ounces) of purified water before each meal. This will help calm the stomach and help with digestion. This is one of the acid reflux natural remedies also works for acute episodes of acid reflux. This is my favorite home remedy for acid reflux, as it works quickly.
Eliminating the uncomfortable feelings of acid reflux is not as difficult as one may think. There’s no need for expensive over-the-counter medications when there are so many natural remedies that are readily available. Feel better naturally; your body will thank you. Next time you have an acid reflux attack, try some of these acid reflux natural remedies.